Newsletter

Moderator: Jessie Black

Newsletter

Postby Kordanor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:47 am

Heya,

just wanted to drop by as I received the newsletter. Following this game since 2010 or 11. I am glad that UFO2ET is still in the works, though I would have prefered to fight on earth instead of Mercury.
Also will be interesting if the game has a "realistic approach" as life on Mercury is hardly possible as you could only survive in craters near the north and southpole and within the zone where currently day turns to night and night to day (which almost equals a year on the mercury as it doesn't rotate on it's own axis very fast).

What interests me most is: The game is in development for such a long time. So it doesn't seem like it's just UFO ET with some new content like Terror from the Deep was compared to the original game.
So what exactly are the biggest differences to UFO ET we can expect?
Also what are the biggest differences between this game and the firaxis remake?
Kordanor

Re: Newsletter

Postby mentaltyranny » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 am

I got the newsletter too. I hoped Battle for Mercury would just be a marketing scheme, not a change in setting. Oh well! I sure hope we can we more in the coming months!
mentaltyranny

Postby Sheelin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 am

I'm pleased about the newsletter.
Sad the game is still under developement.
With that I hope the game will be HUGE and will take very long time to complete doing always different things (never repeating over and over the same missions just to try capture that specific alien), loads of scenarios, plenty of researches, and eventually the chance to improve weaponry and armor efficiency just researching them over and over, once the researches are finished.

The newslette told about Jessie Black, who hadn't been properly welcomed here, since her account is that of a common user when she should be at least a moderator, if not an admin.
The newsletter at least confirmed her role as interface between us and the dev team ^_^

I have high expectations from this game, after so many years of waiting...
Sheelin

Postby Jessie Black » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Kordanor wrote:Heya,

just wanted to drop by as I received the newsletter. Following this game since 2010 or 11. I am glad that UFO2ET is still in the works, though I would have prefered to fight on earth instead of Mercury.
Also will be interesting if the game has a "realistic approach" as life on Mercury is hardly possible as you could only survive in craters near the north and southpole and within the zone where currently day turns to night and night to day (which almost equals a year on the mercury as it doesn't rotate on it's own axis very fast).

You don´t have to worry. ;) Mercury will be the key for the game, but most fights will take place on The Earth or on The Moon.
Jessie Black

Postby Kordanor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Cool, that sounds interesting! But does that also mean that the game system of "overwatching a planet" changes a bit? Not that I had anything against a little difference to the other games.
Kordanor

Postby Halluinoid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 pm

did you know that when that advert came out 6 months ago when ExtraTerrestrials 2 Team were asking for C Programmers or whatever, I copied that to 2k GAMES FORUMS and promply got PERMANENTLY BANNED !!

Yes it is unbelievable! I simply placed the wording of the request for C programmers I think (from memory) for the ExtraTerrestrials 2 project and that was it, next time I tried to log in I saw "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON "NO REASON WAS SPECIFIED"

and "Date the ban will be lifted "NEVER" :lol: what a bunch of anal retards to say the least
Halluinoid

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Kordanor wrote:Cool, that sounds interesting! But does that also mean that the game system of "overwatching a planet" changes a bit? Not that I had anything against a little difference to the other games.

The way of way of "overwatching a planet" remains more or less the same, but will be added the opportunity to fly to the moon.
Jessie Black

Postby thothkins » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:31 pm

A SHADO/ Space 1999 Moon Base would be a dream come true if it was any part of this game. Great to see the team using the roots of X-Com.
thothkins

Postby Godwin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 am

Ah great, that sounds really good! (flying to the moon and still having a similar overwatch system)
Godwin

Postby Jessie Black » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 pm

thothkins wrote:A SHADO/ Space 1999 Moon Base would be a dream come true if it was any part of this game. Great to see the team using the roots of X-Com.

Unlike the S.H.A.D.O. the will be a alien base on the moon as well.
Jessie Black

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury