The Big Wishlist

Moderator: Jessie Black

The Big Wishlist

Postby Papa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Salute All! :)

In this thread, I wanted to get together a list of all the big, conceptual features that people want added to the game.

- Are you planning to introduce the thermolance weapon,known from the previous UFO?
Papa

Re: The Big Wishlist

Postby Jessie Black » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 pm

There will be something like a drill, causing pain and disrupting alien´s armor.
Jessie Black

Postby Papa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. :) Sounds good! I can't wait this game! :D
Papa

Postby DocMoriarty » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 am

What i liked about UFO:ET was how close it was to the original games yet fixing most of the annoyances the original had (such as manually collecting stuff after battle, equipping soldiers etc.). It is a genious game. But one feature i really liked about the old games was "overfixed" (removed). And that was the necessity for real base management of the other bases. In UFO:ET you only have soldiers and production/ research facilities in the primary base, in the original game there was no difference between bases. So my dream would be to have the base management for all bases again in the game. Also missing a bit serious attacks on bases such as main base. They are also omitted. And of course storage space management. In the original game i had storage facilities in all bases and due to the limited space often had to transfer stuff from main base to one of the other bases and back when i needed it for production. I agree, that was a lot more work than in UFO:ET, yet that was part of the fun too.
DocMoriarty

Postby Csatrad » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:32 pm

AI controled calculated resoult away missions. So you can make use of your high lvl dudes who probably won't die and be sucessfull on the away mission while you take care the new boys personally on a different mission (or virtual mission in some sort of combat simulator) so they level up too.
Combat simulation could be enchanced after each alien captured allowing faster experience growth in simulations and test of tactics or weapon effectiveness that can also open up new secret researches.
It could also be a tutorial for the completly new guys to the genre in the begining of the game.
Teams could be sent in the simulation for greatlly reduced experience gain but still something.
Could be implemented in the lore with simple robots at the begining or just poles in the ground that obviously gonna pop up etc. and while the player advances trough the campaign or tech level this room would advance too always giving a fresh view for the player.
ALso this could be a vesel (lore vise) for multiplayer and custom maps or mods for the game while not breaking the lore.

And it would be a genuine feature compared to any other similar game in the genre ever :OOOOOOO
Csatrad

Postby DocMoriarty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:51 am

Another feature that was in the original games was that manufacturing some items required other items aquired from missions, such as Elerium, UFO-alloys etc. and that limited the production ability of that stuff somewhat.
Creating new interceptors, at least higher level ones, should require some UFO-parts for example.
DocMoriarty

Postby Morloc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:33 am

Please keep the ragdoll/backpack equipment interface. Having complete control over equipment loadouts is a must!

One other thing which was lacking in the 1st game (but existed in the old XCOMs) was the ability to pick up unconscious bodies (friend or foe). Trying to save poor Phillip who got knocked out after being hit by an incendiary rocket was great excitement! In UFOET1 is was pretty much a death sentence to black out in fire.

-Morloc
Morloc

Postby Grufflehound » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:33 am

One major thing that appears in almost all of the XCOM/UFO games is the ability to lay out the internal structures of a base with a view to most effectively combat any future base incursions. Doing this adds a very interesting additional strategy aspect to the whole game in my mind and one which I always thoroughly look forward to. I do so hope that this aspect will not be excluded from your new release.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury