Hello everyone!

Moderator: Jessie Black

Hello everyone!

Postby Godwin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:26 am

Wow it's been a long time since last I was on a UFO Extraterrestrials forum!

I remember the old one from way back, that was overrun by spambots eventually. I remember bman and being so happy some of his ideas made it into the gold edition!

I have visited this site more times than I can count, always hoping there was news, frequently being disappointed.

Sometimes there were screenshots, but hardly anything else (still, always that awesome music in the background!). There were rumors about imminent release for at least 3 years now I think?
How long since it has been announced? 5 years?

I really really hope this forum means it's actually close now.. Been wanting to play this game so badly!

I bought the new XCOM game by Firaxis, and at first I had a fun time. After 10 hours or so, I just wanted to play UFO:Extraterrestrials, since it's better in every way (well, maybe not graphically, but even that's debateble).
I'm sure some things were done well there that could be added to UFO2, but the overall experience just fell short.
In the end, I couldn't take it anymore, deinstalled and played some more UFO Gold!

So here's hoping UFO2 will top even that! (I am a little surprised we're back on earth... I loved the new planet, it felt... good, to be someplace else.. it felt even more dangerous for some reason.)

In any case, hello Jessie and everyone, let's make this a great experience together!

If there's need for a beta tester, I would definitely like to help out.
I am a game designer myself (working hard on getting Age of Wonders 3 released soon!), so I'm very familiar with testing and reporting etc. Only thing I might have little time, as you might imagine so close before release.

In any case, very happy to see progression! yay :)

EDIT: oooh, the pdfs in the download section are nice, I hadn't seen those yet!
Godwin

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Jessie Black » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 pm

welcome to UFO2ET forum :)
Jessie Black

Postby Godwin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Godwin

Postby DocMoriarty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 am

I agree to just about every aspect of your post. Same for me.
DocMoriarty

Postby thothkins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as the others. Luckily Xenonauts came along to help me through my X-Com drought. I much prefer UFO:ET & Xenonauts to the the X-Com relaunch. I'm really looking forward to this and it makes all those peeks the site to see if there was any update worthwhile.
thothkins

Postby RavenX » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:51 pm

thothkins wrote:Yeah, I'm in the same boat as the others. Luckily Xenonauts came along to help me through my X-Com drought. I much prefer UFO:ET & Xenonauts to the the X-Com relaunch. I'm really looking forward to this and it makes all those peeks the site to see if there was any update worthwhile.

Indeed :D . Nice to see a fellow Xenonaut here, my friend. I'm sure there's more than a few of us around here somewhere.
RavenX

Postby NoGodExist » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

I have UFO:ET & Xenonauts as well. Love them both.
NoGodExist

Postby Halluinoid » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:16 pm

the playstation versions were pretty good

and they started it all ;)
Halluinoid

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury