Feedback

Moderator: Jessie Black

Feedback

Postby Csatrad » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi. Some general feedback.

I see on the screenshots that the unit shadow is projected on the wall behind it. So I am assuming it is calculated and not a flat texture. In that case it would really help a lot to see dynamic shadows.
If not thats ok, but make it a bit more darker on bright outdoor maps and make the dark indoor maps much darker in the corners where is no light source with invisible block of object that only cast a shadow to make that happen.
Main problem is that on bright maps I dont really notice the shadow and in dark maps I dont see it at all.
Csatrad

Re: Feedback

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 am

Thank you for you feedback, I will pass it to the developers.
Jessie Black

Postby Csatrad » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello.

At the Geoscape UI is it possible to make the time buttons much bigger? That is the most commonly used button there and I think it should be the largest so we could somewhat use it without really looking there.
Also about the coloring.
The colors overlap eachother wich means they are very similar. While we had the bright green blue and yellow in the first game the grey and black outlined ships were easilly identified. Here the dark blue really blends in the grey ships and aircrafts.
I suggest to put a form of smooth on the objects when it is really zoomed out or they look extreamly pixelly beacuse the huge contrast within it's own colours.
About the icons on the left i think a small gap would be nice beatween the icons instead of the boarders. With the boarders it looks very cluttered.
Csatrad

Postby hyzary » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:47 pm

for the time buttons i do agree, different sizes on demant would be nice.

as for icons, i think u mean terror sites etc. if so it looks clustered because theres so many of them. there is small gap between them too.
so u could clarify a bit.

for the geoscape coulours i do agree. after reading ur feedback, they blend to much. which is unessesery strain to our tired eyes after slepless nights at ET2 ;)
hyzary

Postby Csatrad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:25 pm

hyzary wrote: for icons, i think u mean terror sites etc. if so it looks clustered because theres so many of them. there is small gap between them too.
so u could clarify a bit.

I think the borders of the icons are unnecesery, they are extra thing that draws the attention of our eyes, just leaving a gap beatween them should be enough, well I do understand that the background of the icons to block off the stars are neccesery and with only a gap they would look off place, So my best bet is maybe to redesign the borders, for being less beefy, more sudle, narrow, like a strong hard black line with a feinth of white sides, or what could work best but it would require additional resources to pull it off is to have no borders but have a transparent icon background that lets trough like 20% of background image, wich is not enough to distract our vision on the icons, but it is enough to forget the missing borders of the icons.

Oh and I strongly reccomend to use very sharp edges on those icons on the left we were talking about so far. Rounding down icons is cartoony, it is like nintendo, childish, it is "over-safe" option etc it is console like. Consoles that try to be mature and grow up going the sharp corner style, it is a basic thing. So yeah try to avoid rounding stuff, especially buttons.
Csatrad

Postby Grufflehound » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Is it just my monitor or are all the screenshots a bit on the dark side? In UFO:ET 1 the outdoor graphics were bright and enjoyable but in-ship they were always too dark and dismal for my liking. Is that going to be the case here as well? I do sincerely hope they wont all be.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby Jessie Black » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it to the developers.
Jessie Black

Postby Csatrad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Grufflehound wrote:Is it just my monitor or are all the screenshots a bit on the dark side? In UFO:ET 1 the outdoor graphics were bright and enjoyable but in-ship they were always too dark and dismal for my liking. Is that going to be the case here as well? I do sincerely hope they wont all be.

I absolutelly agree, with your feedback I could clarify my own about this.
Since indoors there is no sun to blend the shadows and lightsources togather, so the contrast beatween lit and shrouded areas are much much bigger. I think the indoors could be brighter around light sources while in places where light should not get it could be near pitch black furthure increase the Sense of the brightness in lit areas. Mainly thats why I tought making the dark areas darker (in example behind units, with theire own shadows since light should not pass trough them) also in corners behind machineries or other larger objects.
Csatrad

Postby Grufflehound » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 am

I very much like the sound of that greater contrast solution of yours Csatrad. Let's hope they pick up on it. :D
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby Csatrad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I absolutelly love the new alien ship lights and colors!
You could achive nice black corners colorfull textrues but they look matched up perfectly, nice pallett really.
Walls inside outside it looks detailed :O nice job! The animation too the whole thing feels real and alive!!!
I got only one grudge, is that near the tree there is a light wich I cannot identify. It is a little offputting that my eyes just jumps point to point trying to locate the lightsource to better picture it in my head but fails to find it :S, still I doubt I will look a map like this all togather so I probably dont notice it even if its there.

Just one small request if possible. Can you show us a picture about the fog of war? Im really curious how things would look like that just bearly leans out from fog of war. Is it total pitch black or looks like a fog? How does the edge looks like, is there one at all? I hope so, I think getting shot from fog of war is a big deal and helps you feel unsafe and keeps the tension up!
Csatrad

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury