ET2:BfM vs SoE

Moderator: Jessie Black

ET2:BfM vs SoE

Postby hyzary » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:26 pm

hi

as its sorta confirmed im wondering

whats the diffrence between those 2? im more interested about the engine, is it the same? and potentially how much longer will it take to finish the other one?

im definatly waiting for battle for mercury as my hunger grows.... and neither game on market doesnt look worty enough of my time to give it even a try. (apart from original tho;) )
hyzary

Re: ET2:BfM vs SoE

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:45 am

all information i already have are in the topic : UFO2Extraterrestrials: Shadows over Earth release date, please check it :)
Jessie Black

Postby hyzary » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:45 am

yes i do know that jessie. what interest me more is the idea of creating 2 games at ish same time. i do not know if the idea did born on the go, or was from the start.

battle for mercury looks roughly similar to et1. from what i can tell all the additions to the game are welcome with a potential to shake things up. now as for SoE, if its on the same engine, does the limits been already reached? if its on a diffrent (upgraded) it ussually means even more capabilities.

so in other words what im asking is, Is Shadows over Earth gonna be a copy of Battle for Mercury with a diffrent story line (diff reaasearch tree etc etc), or is it being done more as a succesor to et2, with some upgrades, and delays to even more polished things.

I know u cannot tell much to not spoil things up, but im sure u will find a way to share some things at apropieate time to make us craving for yet another Ufo game ;)
hyzary

Postby Grufflehound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 am

I believe you'll find that SoE was shelved and then much later relaunched as BfM. Hope that clears it up for you.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby hyzary » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:58 pm

jessie told there were both concurent projects. so if anything, one could be shelved. what i find more realistic is one required more work than another due to new engine, or more content. or they run into some troubles.

what potentialy it could be is that as a original concept SoE was as ET2, and BfM as ET3. But due to inability to fullfill the design, because of the limitation of the engine, they went with the BfM story first.

Hard to tell really, thats why im waiting for Jessie answer. They not that big company, but work is great. With moding capability thats the only acctually reason i bought ET1, as i found original version lacking much (but still better than 1st ufo after series-that i did play for couple hours only. couldnt not bare it at all). Mod itself did put me to a big smile (bman first, then grey mod, then my twisting settings a bit to suit my taste).

I would really love to keep some time space between both games, so the next one will get time to fix/add things missing in ET2, move to a better engine, supply even more content etc.
hyzary

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury