Re: Show proof this game is not dead

Postby petersilencio » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 am

The post was deleted because it was not related to the topic. JB
petersilencio

Postby sergioreynel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

petersilencio wrote:
If it at least have some kind of unified designs with more modern graphic

your'e entire comment is invalid since you only care about graphics -_- also the people that ruined xcom titles were Firaxis with XCOM: Enemy Unknown the game had no replayabilty you could not construct any useful bases and the game guided you all the way giving no freedom what so ever
sergioreynel

Postby Grufflehound » Mon May 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Perhaps I should have explained a little concerning my remark on that statement.

XCOM:Enemy Unknown had several flaws, it is true, but they only only stand out to any great extent when compared to modern standards. When that game was first published it was acclaimed by a vast majority of players as heralding a massive new advance in gameplay. Since then, as expected there have been several more advances in this style of game, however nowhere near as many as I'd hoped for by now. Maybe this new ET-2 game might finally reach those lofty heights of my expectations. It would be nice if it did but until it launches I will not know. All I do know is that by uploading nothing but a dismal few shoddy pictures it does nothing to inspire any confidence. So please...Please upload some of those snippets of videos I know you must have for us to look at. Can't understand why you don't.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby Csatrad » Mon May 05, 2014 10:35 pm

FireStorm1010 wrote:Can't understand why you don't.

They not neccesery have the talent to properly represent theire game. You do realize there are many people who earn tons of bucks beacuse they know things like that. You think you find one beatween a bunch of coders and artist? I mean for fuck shake look at Jesse Black! No offence really, but impressio that this is her first time doing this, and it just smells she wasn't a voluntier, more like someone who they trust to throw in the gnawing dog pit you guys turned this forum beging for bones to chew on. I literally read words in that context on this forum from "fans", Geeez!

The best thing you can do is not fucking hype the game, just be content that they have Jesse here wich is a direct proof it is not dead, fucking forum and pictures, next time you gonna ask for a source code?
And the best thing Jesse could do is just lock this thread or ban me beacuse I just can't stand the unpatient fanatics ruining a good atmosphere here on the forums with topics like this.

Just imagine a dev look at this title after working his ass off, yeah....
Csatrad

Postby Grufflehound » Tue May 06, 2014 8:15 am

Ye Gods.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby UfoYo » Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 am

Grufflehound wrote:Ye Gods.

:lol:
UfoYo

Postby Erentai » Sat May 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Actually good sir, two posts before mine, I believe its very reasonable for fans to ask for some updates, I myself have been waiting on this game 2+ years already, was so excited around the time of the September 2012 release.... only too see it unreleased, with that same release date posted months after the day. A year after that, theres still no new info or anything of the such, guess the game is dead. Only out of curiousity did I look it up too see what happened today, to find they are still working on it, and have finally updated the page, a little!

Really looking forward to this game, but like folks have stated, you need to throw us a "bone". Is it monetary? Pre-sales, and alpha/beta releases could help alot with that, another thing you'll benefit from on that point is the bug testing, yet another thing you can benefit from on that is having more time to release patches and the like, instead of trying to get it All ready to go at once, you could work on it at more your pace and still be making money, and the last thing a prerelease benefits from is free advertisement, you'll be able to get the name out well before the final product is ready, instead of only a fraction of your previous playerbase knowing this game isn't dead yet.

However you do it I still plan on playing it, I just want you guys to do good so we can see more of your work in the future, and if you haven't tried yet, I would see about getting that Greyfiend nboard if he is still around, that guy has ideas and knows how to implement them. Anyway, thanks for reading this? Good Luck!
Erentai

Postby Csatrad » Mon May 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Erentai wrote:Really looking forward to this game, but like folks have stated, you need to throw us a "bone". Is it monetary? Pre-sales, and alpha/beta releases could help alot with that, another thing you'll benefit from on that point is the bug testing, yet another thing you can benefit from on that is having more time to release patches and the like, instead of trying to get it All ready to go at once, you could work on it at more your pace and still be making money, and the last thing a prerelease benefits from is free advertisement, you'll be able to get the name out well before the final product is ready, instead of only a fraction of your previous playerbase knowing this game isn't dead yet.

Allow me to present a counter argument in a list like form.
As long as they don't charge money or take your free time with no return you have no right in any level to request said "bone". When they do release some info or ask about helis and such and they directly ask you to give your feedback then you can ask, but here is the funny part. You already got the "bone", and ONLY after that they ask something in return. While... lets say "some guys" ask something then they don't even mention anything to give in return, they threaten the devs instead, wich is Insane!!!
About alpha and beta and such. If you think about the alphas betas and early access of recent games then you should know they are not for bug testing and such. If you would know what a real beta is like where you literally do what a beta tester should do, you would hate the game within hours of testing and probably need to convince yourself somehow to even think about buying it afterwards. Beta testing is a shit job. Talking from experience I just attempted to do in a recently updated 4x game and nearly lost all faith to touch it again. If you want to test yourself that you can do true beta testing give me a pm and i let you know the name and links and such.
They have a publisher and they never mentioned that they postpone the game due to foundings. Unless I missed something, I would pre-purchase it ofcourse but remember, they would need to offer somthing extra in that case, like reduced price wich is bad for them, you don't want to hurt them right? Or extras wich they would need to do, what they might not wanted to do, and rather concentrate on things that matter, you see where I am going?
Advertisement I think the publishers job. If you want that to happen you should contact them in some way. Let them code many zeros and ones, and not make vertical slices just to make hype and put more stress on themselfs.

Thanks if you read it.
Csatrad

Postby indigo » Mon May 19, 2014 9:51 pm

whatever the game will be ( we know a little so far )
whenever its gonna be released ( we know aprox date )
im gonna buy it and play it

but , maybe in gfx , programing and all other stuff to create a game the CC team is great , but , rly , in my opinion they have no clue about any kind of advertising and marketing itself .

This is my last post on this forum . Im tired of checking forum each day and look for any kind of new information couze as far theres none . I rly doubt that till release date there will be anything shown to ppl waiting for this game . Ahhhh , sry , some time ago some intro movie was mentioned .....whatever .

Anyway . CC team good luck . U made a great UFO ET and im sure ET2 gonna be even better . Keep a good work .

Cheers.
indigo

Previous

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury