release date

Moderator: Jessie Black

release date

Postby Horial » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 pm

As an old fan of the series, I can hardly wait to play UFO2ET Battle for Mercury. When it will be ready ?

Thanks.
Horial

Re: release date

Postby Sheelin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 am

I am waiting for it also, would be wonderful to have the game released or at least a release date.
:)
Sheelin

Postby Grufflehound » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

At least a forum is now up and working which hopefully proves the game hasn't been abandoned, though I wish I new whether he last quarter of 2013 is still possible.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby Absolut » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:47 pm

That forum alive - it is certainly good, but the developers are in no hurry to respond to something .. :?
Absolut

Postby Grufflehound » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm

I seem to remember during the long wait before the first UFOET eventually came out, someone from the creators was quoted as saying something very much like.........

'The reason we don't spend more time online answering questions is that every question we do answer only raises ten more questions and we don't have the manpower to both answer questions and create the game.'

Those weren't the actual words used but I do seem to remember that was the gist of what I heard said. It's because of that I still haven't given up on this new UFO2ET being eventually published, as frustrating as this (insert unprintable expletives) waiting time is. :cry:
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby Sheelin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm

This lack of new is frustrating indeed...
Sheelin

Postby dennylc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 pm

I've actually been waiting for this game to be released for over 2 years now. It started out as 'Shadows Over Earth' and changed the estimated release date twice. Then it was changed to 'Battle for Mercury' which tells me they did some major changes to the direction of the game. My guess is they will push back the estimated release date for the third time, but I would love to see it released over the next few weeks.

I purchase most of my games via steam and the Gold version of UFO Extraterrestrials has been on steam for a long time. I would guess the Battle for Mercury would also be available via steam but I have not heard anything yet.
dennylc

Postby Dajunka » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am

No word on release date?
It would be so good to have this for Christmas, I loved ET with Bmans mod.
Dajunka

Postby Sheelin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:19 pm

dennylc wrote:I've actually been waiting for this game to be released for over 2 years now. It started out as 'Shadows Over Earth' and changed the estimated release date twice. Then it was changed to 'Battle for Mercury' which tells me they did some major changes to the direction of the game. My guess is they will push back the estimated release date for the third time, but I would love to see it released over the next few weeks.

I purchase most of my games via steam and the Gold version of UFO Extraterrestrials has been on steam for a long time. I would guess the Battle for Mercury would also be available via steam but I have not heard anything yet.

They postponed the release date far more times than three.
I'm waiting for this game since they announced a sequel of the first, so many years now...
I'll never give up waiting, since the game represents what good was in the games before everything become focused on the graphic more than the contents.
So, I'd love to play this game, even if some little tweak was missing...
Sheelin

Postby Jessie Black » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello, I would like to introduced myself, I am Jessie Black and I was hired to be a bridge between you and the development teem. I have a bad news for you. Unfotrtunately the game will not be released this year. The Chaos Concept development team is working hard on the game. They try to make the game released as soon as possible. The release date will be during the year 2014. At this moment I am not able to disclose any specific date, but as soon as I have some new informations i will inform you. The Home page will be updated soon.
Jessie Black

Next

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury