Counter Alien Fleet

Moderator: Jessie Black

Counter Alien Fleet

Postby Jessie Black » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Dear pilots,

your interceptors are ready to rip alien vessels into pieces. Please find them in the download section.

http://www.ufo2extraterrestrials.com/download/
Jessie Black

Re: Counter Alien Fleet

Postby raziel_malakai » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:08 am

I can't take this, this it to f***in awesome! Amazing work guys! From the looks of it I'll dare guess that is only the tier 1 aircrafts? Or are they the aircrafts from all the game (doesnt seem likely) ? I HAVE TO PREORDER, PLZ LET ME PREOREDER
You're cruel masters - please punish me moreeeee :)
raziel_malakai

Postby Grufflehound » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 am

While a few drawings are all very nice to look at during the planning stage of a game, since the game is now supposedly almost finished, I would have expected a few videos of those ships in action instead. Surely there must be an abundance of such videos floating around the office by now so how much effort would it take to upload some for our perusal? Can't see any reason they should be kept secret any more.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby UfoYo » Sun May 04, 2014 12:46 am

Grufflehound wrote:While a few drawings are all very nice to look at during the planning stage of a game, since the game is now supposedly almost finished, I would have expected a few videos of those ships in action instead. Surely there must be an abundance of such videos floating around the office by now so how much effort would it take to upload some for our perusal? Can't see any reason they should be kept secret any more.

^^^^^^

What he said. A thousand times over, what he said.
UfoYo

Postby Csatrad » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 pm

I don't get it. Seriously I have zero clue why this even exist. The best thing in UFO was the story, how the research team found ways to improve the tech from previorus versions, and when you used that sack of pixels you added the back lore and BAM amazing immersion. But with this? do you guys honeslty going to put some random crap stats on the planes and flag them. Oh boy X is comming you better have Y prepared for it or else you lose Global score points!?
Linear upgrades and powercreep that what makes this genree good. Sidegrades are for competetive games only, and STRICTLY!
There are the alienz wessels. Nice and linear bigger badasser cool, but this? And the heli closing the line wtf!??!
Can you fathom the massive rage we gonna have, when we crunch the numbers and look at EACH AND EVERY ONE, gosh (flip table) all of them shit in theire own ways... And if just one, one plane is better with a quarter of stats, we gonna dump the rest thats it.
Some one please relife me that this is not a pile of rubbish. Tell me a reason why this, why? WHY!?

Just to have constructive criticism. Make sure these are linear upgrades one to another and think this to yourself:
"I am finding ways to make my only choice work in many different scenarios, AND NOT LOOK AT A SCENARIO THAT THIS LOOKS CUBE HOLE I GUESS THE TUTORIAL TELLS ME TO PUT IN CUBE INTO CUBE HOLE get it? FUCKING GET IT?!!?"
Csatrad

Postby Jessie Black » Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 am

Csatrad wrote:I don't get it. Seriously I have zero clue why this even exist. The best thing in UFO was the story, how the research team found ways to improve the tech from previorus versions, and when you used that sack of pixels you added the back lore and BAM amazing immersion. But with this? do you guys honeslty going to put some random crap stats on the planes and flag them. Oh boy X is comming you better have Y prepared for it or else you lose Global score points!?
Linear upgrades and powercreep that what makes this genree good. Sidegrades are for competetive games only, and STRICTLY!
There are the alienz wessels. Nice and linear bigger badasser cool, but this? And the heli closing the line wtf!??!
Can you fathom the massive rage we gonna have, when we crunch the numbers and look at EACH AND EVERY ONE, gosh (flip table) all of them shit in theire own ways... And if just one, one plane is better with a quarter of stats, we gonna dump the rest thats it.
Some one please relife me that this is not a pile of rubbish. Tell me a reason why this, why? WHY!?

Just to have constructive criticism. Make sure these are linear upgrades one to another and think this to yourself:
"I am finding ways to make my only choice work in many different scenarios, AND NOT LOOK AT A SCENARIO THAT THIS LOOKS CUBE HOLE I GUESS THE TUTORIAL TELLS ME TO PUT IN CUBE INTO CUBE HOLE get it? FUCKING GET IT?!!?"

Hello, I am sorry, but I am not sure if i get what you wanted to say. Are You afraid that there will not be a plot you will have to find out? Thank You
Jessie Black

Postby Csatrad » Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

Jessie Black wrote:Hello, I am sorry, but I am not sure if i get what you wanted to say. Are You afraid that there will not be a plot you will have to find out? Thank You

At first i saw that besides the plane drawings everything else is the same, leading me these are sidegrades, wich I hoped I expressed why would be really bad for us.
Now a second look at it after a shut eye I see that from the first picture up to the third each plane has 1 additional engine wich makes me think they are upgrades one to another. Then the fourth being more refined as it is made of some different matterial with more compact but I assume higher tech engine, while the fifth is obviously some ufo adaptation with probably gravitational engines aaaaand the heli, well its a heli, still no point in this game but hey, the shareware version of ufo has a heli i guess you guys want those ppl to transfare here and pay.

So yeah I am being optimist here. BIG TIME! Convince myself it won't bomb.

I am not talking about plot. I was talking about background events, that we don't see directly, but we can read. Like, "Hey commander, we made some improvements, and wasn't slaping balls, here are the log files of our hard work to convince you, peace!" In UFO:ET we had a screen worth of small font text wall to wall to fill up, the game with life, gaved the impression that everything is happening not just when you hit the end turn button.
Csatrad

Postby Jessie Black » Tue May 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Csatrad wrote:
Jessie Black wrote:Hello, I am sorry, but I am not sure if i get what you wanted to say. Are You afraid that there will not be a plot you will have to find out? Thank You

At first i saw that besides the plane drawings everything else is the same, leading me these are sidegrades, wich I hoped I expressed why would be really bad for us.
Now a second look at it after a shut eye I see that from the first picture up to the third each plane has 1 additional engine wich makes me think they are upgrades one to another. Then the fourth being more refined as it is made of some different matterial with more compact but I assume higher tech engine, while the fifth is obviously some ufo adaptation with probably gravitational engines aaaaand the heli, well its a heli, still no point in this game but hey, the shareware version of ufo has a heli i guess you guys want those ppl to transfare here and pay.

So yeah I am being optimist here. BIG TIME! Convince myself it won't bomb.

I am not talking about plot. I was talking about background events, that we don't see directly, but we can read. Like, "Hey commander, we made some improvements, and wasn't slaping balls, here are the log files of our hard work to convince you, peace!" In UFO:ET we had a screen worth of small font text wall to wall to fill up, the game with life, gaved the impression that everything is happening not just when you hit the end turn button.

Thank you for the explanation
Jessie Black

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury