Score share

Moderator: Jessie Black

Score share

Postby Jessie Black » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

New trends, including sharing of score, made developers to think of creating the score sharing for UfO2ET. Each player would be able to reach a certain score whitch would be sorted out from the highest to the lowest. Every player would know his results in comparison to the others. Sharing the score would be optional.

Would you like to compare you score to others?
Jessie Black

Re: Score share

Postby Grufflehound » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Jessie,

I think that would be an excellent idea. It would enable even those players too embarrassed to list their own scores (possibly myself) to still be able to compare their abilities with others.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby UfoYo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:15 am

I think that sounds brilliant, but it would need restricting in certain ways. eg: Only scores obtained on similar difficulties are compared. Mods etc would need to be factored in.

We all know there's going to be some dipsh*t that sets everything to easy, mods the aliens to be crap and herpaderps up a top score. (I really hate people)
UfoYo

Postby DocMoriarty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 am

Before something is added to the game that doesn't add to gameplay i'd rather have no scores and the game earlier published. Add this in a patch or something if you really feel you need to. Not for me, though.

I also agree that only scores of unmodded games and of the same unchanged difficulty level can be compared.

And that some games do that doesn't mean it's a brilliant idea at all. For some players it might be a motivation to play the game a tad longer.
DocMoriarty

Postby Grufflehound » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 pm

One simple solution to the modded/unmodded conundrum, would be to simply state on the chart whether they reached that score using mods or not. While some players would like to know whether using their personal mod choice has improved their game or not, non-mod users could simply look to see how their position relates only to other non-mod users.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Postby sergioreynel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:47 pm

I agree with DocMoriarty
sergioreynel

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Thank you for your answers. I understand, that you like the idea, but it should be distinguished between unmodded and modded users.
Jessie Black

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Grufflehound wrote:Hi Jessie,

I think that would be an excellent idea. It would enable even those players too embarrassed to list their own scores (possibly myself) to still be able to compare their abilities with others.

:) that is true. But there is no need to feel embarrassed. ;) I am definitely the worst player ever :mrgreen: you will see :mrgreen:
Jessie Black

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury