Distribution

Moderator: Jessie Black

Distribution

Postby Shalom7 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

I know that a lot of game companies are afraid of using non-DRM, but there are many people out there who will (and do) buy and support software that is DRM-free. GOG.COM is second only to Steam in internet sales. While you might be a little worried about releasing the game to GOG, I would recommend at least releasing the first UFO ET game to GOG to see how well it does. I imagine you are not selling a whole lot of UFO ET 1 right now, so it can't hurt and you may find that there is a good fan base that supports DRM free games.

In short, is there any chance that the game will be distributed on GOG? Will you release the first game on GOG? What distribution are you planning on having? So far it looks like I would have to order it from Europe (through your company).

Thanks
Shalom7

Re: Distribution

Postby Jessie Black » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:45 am

Dear Shalom7,

thank you for you tip, we are not familiar with GOG. At this moment the game video is the priority.
Jessie Black

Postby raziel_malakai » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 am

Jessie, with no disrespect intended, I don't know where you guys been in the last 3 years or so, but this game is right up in GOG's alley. Ever since its boot its been a hugely successful platform. If you're not familiar with GOG I strongly suggest that you do asap as it would do wonders for your game.
raziel_malakai

Postby DocMoriarty » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Even AAA Titles like Witcher 3 ! are published on GOG these days. I'd really like the idea of UFO ET+2 being published on GOG. Also quite some games are published via Desura, another big indie game publisher on the internet.
DocMoriarty

Postby Jessie Black » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:04 pm

OK, thank you
Jessie Black

Postby Shalom7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 pm

As you get closer to the release I would recommend that you try to get the original UFO:ET released on GOG.com. This would allow you to better gauge how useful and beneficial they will be as a distributor and also put some extra change in your pocket as I doubt the original is still selling too much on DVD. Digital distribution, however, can certainly sell some and generate more interest in the sequel. Please try GOG.com as they are the best online distributor in my opinion.

David
Shalom7

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury