View from enemy side...

Moderator: Jessie Black

View from enemy side...

Postby interstellar » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 am

Hello, dear developers. I am fanat of your previous game UFO: ET. ;) I am looking forward your new project :) But I would like to suppose you my dream: after the release of UFO: ET2, maybe you will create a similar game than we'll can choose side: human or alien... Yeah, it is one of my dreams to try complete this war from alien side.
interstellar

Re: View from enemy side...

Postby Rumat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 pm

I did not know in what part of the forum to write, so I write here.
Thanks for the first game, very hurt and look forward to the continuation.

Understand there is not much time before the release, but still a little note which was a little disappointed by the first game, but was implemented in the first game 1993 "UFO: Enemy Unknown". This realism in the fall of UFOs. You downed UFO just landed undamaged and in the original even leave a mark on earth as the UFO was falling, not to mention the fact that the UFO was partially destroyed and some(or even all) other people were killed in a fall.
We missed it a lot in the first game. If you enter, I think it will be much more realistic to play.
Thank you
Rumat

Postby Jerokane » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

interstellar wrote:Hello, dear developers. I am fanat of your previous game UFO: ET. ;) I am looking forward your new project :) But I would like to suppose you my dream: after the release of UFO: ET2, maybe you will create a similar game than we'll can choose side: human or alien... Yeah, it is one of my dreams to try complete this war from alien side.

Didn't someone about 10 years or so ago write a mod for or a clone of xcom:enemy unknown where you could play as aliens? I do seem to recollect coming across it somewhere but maybe it was never completed.
(AKA Grufflehound)
Jerokane

Postby sergioreynel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 pm

http://steamcommunity.com//groups/TheTwoSides

It's not complete but it works perfectly just make sure the host are xcom are it might bug out :)
sergioreynel

Postby Jerokane » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am

sergioreynel wrote:http://steamcommunity.com//groups/TheTwoSides

It's not complete but it works perfectly just make sure the host are xcom are it might bug out :)

I managed to track it down but received this information.....

UFO: The Two Sides
ufotts.ninex.info/
This project has been closed.

......a shame.
(AKA Grufflehound)
Jerokane

Postby sergioreynel » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:11 pm

they shut down because they did not want any legal trouble although to be honest that was a stupid move because if they did not reply with an ok after sending a request that just means they don't care (firaxis)
sergioreynel

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury