R.I.P. - Refining in progress

Moderator: Jessie Black

R.I.P. - Refining in progress

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Dear readers,

Developers would like to share a few samples of the refining with you. The samples show transport 1 before refining and when the refining has been finished.
Attachments
Transport1-refine-compare_final2.jpg
Transport1-refine-compare_final2.jpg (212.05 KiB) Viewed 36972 times
Jessie Black

Re: R.I.P. - Refining in progress

Postby UfoYo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:28 am

Looks great! Truly! But surely this is the kind of thing that could be done in patch form? After all, a game doesn't need to be pretty in order to be good! Just look at the original Xcom (Which I am playing as I type this) still an amazing game, but I can literally count the pixels!

Just release already!
UfoYo

Postby Skalski » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:08 am

Looks nice. And nice to see there is still some progress with the game.
The more pic's you release, the more people are lookign forword to it being released.

It could be cool if there could be released a demo, of one mission, just to satisfy the hungry.

Like "millions" other: Release already...
Skalski

Postby kingstah » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 am

looking forward to this!! hope its still Q1
kingstah

Postby Jessie Black » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Transports are worth refining because they are almost in every single mission. The refining does not mean only balancing hue, contrast and colors. The refining includes texture adjusting and model adjusting which means modifying objects on polygonal bases. Furthermore there are lot of alien and human displays to be animated and other improvements.
Attachments
Transport2-refine-compare2.jpg
Transport2-refine-compare2.jpg (165.53 KiB) Viewed 36666 times
Jessie Black

Postby Skalski » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:29 pm

And still manage to show us different armor types for our soilders. Plus two weapons.
Nice tease..
Skalski

Postby Csatrad » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:56 pm

I just had a terrible tought.

All this refinement on levels.
Does this could mean that the game has a set number of maps and thats it?
It is a bit terrifing to be honest. Honestly I can't tell that the first game had random maps or not, still I have a lingering bad feeling that these maps will be completly fixed sooo not even clutter or room by room random ordered covers are avaiable, all is static to the last pixel.

This is kinda terrifing. If the game would have come out a long time ago okay, but we are at the point of ever more increase in replayability and if this game will launch with completly static maps I think that alone (regardless everything else) can kill the game.

I mean I remember different starting points at least hmm... still hope im wrong, and we get some form of variety.
Csatrad

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Dear Csatrad,

i have asked developers to make an explanation in regards to your concerns. They assured me that levels are created randomly. Alien vessels, transport and other buildings are generated randomly. Player will never cross twice the same river :-) The developers however admit there are very few levels that are unique. The level ship is the case.
Jessie Black

Postby Calmes » Mon May 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Jessie Black wrote:Dear Csatrad,

i have asked developers to make an explanation in regards to your concerns. They assured me that levels are created randomly. Alien vessels, transport and other buildings are generated randomly. Player will never cross twice the same river :-) The developers however admit there are very few levels that are unique. The level ship is the case.

That's interesting. Does the software just randomly place stuff then?
Calmes

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury