Screenshots and Colouring

Moderator: Jessie Black

Screenshots and Colouring

Postby Jerokane » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:01 pm

I once, long ago made an observation that unlike elsewhere, all the interior screens of the alien spaceships were dark and dismal and gratefully, such things in this area were subsequently altered. On looking at these current 17 screenshots now however, it appears that the colours on some of the screens are possibly even worse. Not only is the clarity somewhat fuzzy in some of them but all the foreground items are coloured strong and bright, all the distant items are coloured strong and bright and even the scenery in some of them is coloured somewhat strong and bright too. Please, please would you consider using a few much gentler and less intrusive colours occasionally for contrast instead. Some pastels for the background would be nice. The strain currently on my eyeballs after just perusing all these 17 screenshots in one go is quite considerable.
(AKA Grufflehound)
Jerokane

Re: Screenshots and Colouring

Postby Csatrad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am

The new screenshots on the deck looks AWESOME!! The lightning and the textures the colors the brightness spot on! Also the hud looks spot on. I think a single pixel change would ruin it it is soo good :D.

Only have 1 suggestion and 1 question.

Suggestion: Have you guys tought about a complete overlay that puts some random dirt on the scenery? Everything looks too clean. (some bump map that reacts to light only?)

Question: I noticed that the guy holds the 1 handed weapon with 2 hand. That is really strange considering in the first game there were seperate animation for 1 and 2 handed weapons on both aliens and the soldiers.
Csatrad

Re: Screenshots and Colouring

Postby Jerokane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:15 pm

A better breakdown of my reasons for not liking all of the screenshots.............................

Screenshots 1 & 2 of the deck and naval base contain easily defined items for colouring although I consider that the use of some more subtle pastel colours would be a vast improvement.

Screenshots 3 & 4 of the geoscape are too much a mess of over-strong, very dark colours.

Screenshot 5 is also a bit too dark for my taste and also with too much strong colouring.

Screenshot 6 is only slightly better in clarity.

Screenshot 7 is good. Still with the deep shadows though. Can't these people afford some decent light bulbs?

Screenshots 8 & 9 are terrible but probably only because they haven't been refined yet.

Screenshots 10 & 11 are very good.

Screenshots 12, 13, 14 & 15 are also terrible but also probably because they haven't been refined yet.

Screenshots 16 & 17 are very good. These are obviously night-time shots due to the dark lighting outside, so it would be interesting to see what a day-time shot outside would look like, as we don't seem to have seen any yet.
(AKA Grufflehound)
Jerokane

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury