Information

Moderator: Jessie Black

Information

Postby Zalandar » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi Jessie Black

Now that we are hopefully getting close to at least a release date can u give us any info about some of the Aliens we will be facing
in combat.
You know, like some of their strengths or weaknesses, perhaps movement points. Anything? :) If nothing about the Aliens then how about
movement points of the CAF soldiers, IE: how many to kneel or reload or pretty please anything to wet our appetites.

Could u also explain a little about what the Scores is about and what they mean?
Zalandar

Re: Information

Postby Csatrad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:45 am

Yeah that rais a curious question. That increasing the soldiers action point pool does that also increase the number of action points a shot takes? I mean is it percentage based?
A friend of mine had the argument that if a soldier gets faster that doesnt mean the bullet is fired faster beacuse the weapon wont be faster and the bullet needs to travel the same distance so it has to be percentage based.
While it is a valid argument I think it is very dissapointing to finally have more action points and you realize you can only use it for movement around the map instead of anything else. (liike you cannot have the throw cost less since if you throw it faster it will just fly somewhere else)

Hopefully we can look past that "realistic" game mechanic and just have fun and be all action points static, but we have to just find that out don't we? ;)
Csatrad

Postby Zalandar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:22 am

Hey Csatrad

To answer your question, yes it was % based in the first game, for shooting when u gained more time units.
Not sure if the amount of points put into shooting was figured in that equation or not.

As for throwing I'm not sure but I believe it was the same. Throwing a grenade got much better if u put points into
throwing but I don't remember if it went farther or not. Its not necessarlly throwing faster but more accurately and with more strength and of course more practice at not killing yourself and fellow soldiers. :oops:

I always felt that at a certain point ( say maximum move points and 72 to 75 aiming points) the % should work in the players favor and actually cost less time points for shooting, after all u are now stronger faster more practiced.
Zalandar

Postby Jessie Black » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Dear Zalandar,

you can find detailed description of some Aliens you will be facing in the game on the UFO2ET web site. Just click on screenshots section ;)

http://www.ufo2extraterrestrials.com/screenshot/4/
Jessie Black

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury