release date

Moderator: Jessie Black

Re: release date

Postby Csatrad » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 pm

dwnd wrote:Dear Jessie!
I would like to ask you.
About two years you writing "we refining, fixing etc". Why Chaos Concept cannot release game "as is" with working mechanics and AI and then release patches which will "refine, fix etc"? During these time nobody seen anything except screenshots, promoart and some videos.
Maybe company is short of money and cannot pay programmers? Kickstarter will help. Look at Goldhawk Interactive. They spend 5 years and they started with 154K USD collected from kickstarter. And they did it!
Maybe chaos concept will create beta version with just two or three missions and limited geoscape? In this case we will believe that it (this game) exists!

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/foru ... ic-builds/

sorry
Csatrad

Postby hakanjr » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

Is there any new information about the game release date?

Maybe in QX 202X ?
hakanjr

Postby DocMoriarty » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 am

My guess is more Qy in yyyy
DocMoriarty

Postby Jessie Black » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Dear all,

First of all I would like to wish you all the best to the New Year 2017!

I have asked developers what is going on and I have received the information as follows:

The main issue they are dealing with is the speed of the game. They are solving some troubles connected with CPU which seems to be overloaded. They would like to move some idle animations of soldiers, trees and aliens to GPU. They want the game to be fast enought even on less powerfull computers.

They are facing tricky issues with uncovering and covering with what the player should and shouldnt see.

The walls and doors are not placed like they used to be in UFO:ET1. They are placed like they used to be in the UFO:Enemy unknown. The reason was obviuos. It will be he whole more natural because the player will be allowed to get much closer to walls and they will provide him much higher coverage.

Because of all this issues a new programmer had to be hired to help with the engine optimizations.

Please, keep your chins up and stay tuned.
Jessie Black

Postby Sheelin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:51 pm

I think their best course of action should be to put the game out in "early access" status.
They'd get money, we players would be at last enjoying the game and subsequent fixes added would only show us that they are still working.
As it is, we only seem to get excuses, one after the other, and many are losing faith in the release of the game. How many years now? Four? Six?
Sheelin

Postby Csatrad » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:17 am

Aww man you really had to reply do you... we had a nice fat round 500 replies on forums for sooo long, i kinda enjoyed that none gives a shit anymore, aaand there you had to ruin it. Now we need like 98 more replies to get another fat round number.
Csatrad

Postby hakanjr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:56 am

Is there any new information about the release date?
hakanjr

Postby horrid » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 pm

We have reached mid June so the third quarter is right on top of us. Any information available?
horrid

Postby hakanjr » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 am

As far as I can see the game will never be published. The release date of the game has been postponed since 2012. Maybe I'm wrong.
hakanjr

Postby Csatrad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Look guys the way it works is that they do some promo stuff and see the respons if enough ppl give a shit then they can take that to the bank (literally) and get money to make the game beacuse it will profit.
What must prolly happened is that they tried more ways to reach enough response but it just didnt go through.
My best bet that a few ppl in the core team really wants to get this out and just desprete to push against it while the others prolly just don't care what this few does and maybe jump in once the attantion for the game is high enough.

If you search for similar situation you will see that some companies openly admited that they canceled some game developmets beacuse the response wasn't high enough numbers on the trailer/teaser.
Csatrad

PreviousNext

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury